Monday, May 26, 2008

Uncle Jack


So once a year ( thank god), Carleton Student Government invites all their little friends to come to Ottawa to have a big meeting on how to better run, student government programs. At lest this year C.U.S.A managed to get Jack Layton to give a few words.

After Mr. Layton was done talking, I was given the chance to have a one-on-one photo op with him. But before that he was to sit down with my writer so she could her her quotes. While they were talking I took a few pictures. They were turning out so I continued to snap away. 

Once we were done inside, Mr. Layton was to take a cab and in between the time from when he was done with the writer and the time he got his cab, was when I was to take his picture. So I sat Jack down on a rock and asked him to pose. he was all over the place. The pictures came out like head shoots, nothing much and will end up going on file.
So in the end, the time that wasn't even the real photo op... became the real photo op. So I guess this really goes to show that, as a photojournalist don't set your self up, always have a few different things to choose from because we never know how photos and subjects can and will turn out.

1 comment:

Blair Gable said...

I love shooting pictures while interviews are going on. You can get some great shots if the people are animated or really into what they are talking about. Plus, the interview could go long and your subject might not have time for a proper portrait session.

Casual is King.

BG