Thursday, May 15, 2008

A FIRST FOR EVERYTHING

Oh man, I guess it was time for me to get my own blog. I mean, if Blair Gable and James Park have one, why don't I have one?


So today I went to shoot the funeral for Arthur Kroeger, former chancellor for Carleton University. It was a situation that I had never had to photography before. While talking to the Ottawa Citizen's Bruno Schlumberger, it seemed everything I had learned and read, quickly went out the window. I had always been told that when shooting funerals to be as quiet as possible. But after Watching Bruno go up to the front of the church to take pictures the family members, I felt like I could get what ever picture I wanted.
 

Thankfully my readings from Photojournalism: The Professionals' Approach by: Kenneth Kobre kicked in and said, "Wait... Bruno has been doing this since 1981, I think I'd better just keep taking pictures from the balcony. 

So it turned out that me staying up in the balcony would do me good. As Bruno made his way outside to get the shot of the family coming out the doors with the casket, I got the aerial shot of the pallbearers and family. Looked real good. 

I will have the picture posted tomorrow due to the fact that the only copy is at work and sadly, I am at home.

No comments: